x

History

The Park Estate was originally part of the Royal Forest of Banff and was granted by King Alexander II to a Norman knight, Sir Walram de Normanville, in 1242. The current castle is a large rambling, harled mansion, which may have foundations from the 13th century, but was built or re-built into a Z-plan tower house in 1536.

In the 1700’s a number of extensions were added to Park, changing it from a fortified house into a large Georgian country mansion and, in 1829, the final addition of a Gothic tower was added.

The castle is now the family home of the Campbell Wilsons.