To ensure the best possible range of availability for 2017, get ahead and book your stay at Craufurdland Castle now.
And to lead you onto the path of temptation here are 17 reasons to make Craufurdland Castle the self-catering experience for your 2017 stay!
1. Recently renovated, the tower house now offers a luxury self-catering apartment for up to 16 people.
2. Owned by the Craufurd family since 1245, when they were gifted the land.
3. An ideal retreat for a family get-together.
4. Within the castle's estate, guests can enjoy woodland walks, bicycle trails, horse riding , fishing, game shooting in season, falconry displays (on request), archery (on request) and clay pigeon shooting (on request).
5. Stroll down to the Wee Cafe for a lunchtime Panini and lovely Cappuccino.
6. Light the fire in the drawing room, and soak up the history that Craufurdland Castle has oozing out of every turret.
7. Craufurdland Castle is one of the oldest castles in Scotland; it's been linked to the same family for nearly 800 years.
8. Muddy Trials Races are set in the castle grounds; if you wish you can join in the melee – or just stand back and support!
9. William Wallace was coached by his “Craufurd” uncles in the arts of diplomacy, war and languages, thus nurturing his desire to re-establish an independent Scotland.
10. Get together with young and old and enjoy a spot of team building – how about the blind assault course?
11. This is a classic Norman barrel vault room, which is on the ground floor of the 14th century tower house or keep.
12. Craufurdland Estate has about 10 kms of dedicated mountain bike trails, plus another 6 kms of shared path.
13. Stay at the castle and visit the Robbie Burns House Museum.
14. The castle is located 20 minutes, by car, south of Glasgow and 10 miles from the West Coast of Scotland.
15. Meet Simon and Adity Houison Craufurd, and their two daughters, Indra and Manisha, current owners of the castle who live in the Lairds house next door!
16. Book online with detailed availability and pricing.
17. Fantastic value with prices for 7 nights in 2017 starting at just £1820; that's less than £15 per person per night.