Barcaldine Castle is located by the shores of Loch Creran, in the village of Benderloch, Argyll and Bute, about 100 miles north-west of Glasgow.
The nearest town in Oban. Popular with tourists, Oban occupies a beautiful setting in the Firth of Lorn. Oban Bay is a near perfect horseshoe bay, protected by the island of Kerrera, and beyond Kerrera is Mull.
Including islands, the Argyll and Bute area has over 3,000 miles (4,800 km) of coastline , which is claimed to be more than for the whole of France.
Whether you want to experience the great outdoors, play a round or two of golf, or simply watch the world go by - there is something for everyone. The castle staff will be happy to advise you on the best activites based on your preferences and time of visit.
- Sea.fari | Boat Excursions | 01852 300003
- Caledonian MacBrayne Hebridean & Clyde | Island Ferries | 0800 066 5000
- Gardens of Argyll & Bute | Gardens | 01499 600261
- Glencruitten Golf Course, Oban | Golf | 01631 562868
- Glencoe National Trust for Scotland | The Great Outdoors | 0844 4932222
- Inverawe Fisheries | Fly-fishing Centre | 01866 822808
- The Scottish Sea Life Sanctuary | 01631 720386
- Eating Out:
- Coast | Contemporary Restaurant | 01631 569900
- The Waterfront | Seafood Restaurant | 01631 563110
- Ee-usk | Seafood Restaurant | 01631 565666
- Piazza | Pizza & Pasta Restaurant | 01631 563628
- Oban Chocolate Company | Cafe | 01631 566099