1346 - The original castle at Blairquhan was built by the McWhirter family.
1573 - An additional section of the old castle was added by the Kennedy family, who inherited the property through marriage.
1622 - Blairquhan Castle was taken over by the Whiteford family.
1798 - The castle was sold to Sir David Hunter Blair.
1820 - Sir David commissioned the famous Scottish architect William Burn to build a new castle after the original building was neglected and left to ruin.
1821 - The foundation stone of Blairquhan Castle, as we know it today, was laid.
1824 - Building work was completed.
1970 - Blairquhan opened its doors to paying guests for the first time.
2005 - Oscar-winning motion picture 'The Queen', starring Helen Mirren, was filmed at Blairquhan.
2012 - The castle was purchased by its current owners, Ganten Scotland.