Henry's House

An original stone cottage, this two-story self-catering space faces into the castle’s courtyard and can sleep up to eight guests across four bedrooms.


  • Living room with marble fireplace
  • Dining room
  • New fully-equipped kitchen
  • 1 queen bedroom
  • 2 double bedrooms
  • 1 twin bedroom
  • 2 bathrooms
  • Utility room
  • WC

In the 1920's the Gough family, who were the then owners of the estate, closed up the castle and converted several areas of the courtyard, including Henry’s House, into a large residence for themselves. They brought with them many original features from the castle, such as wooden panelling and oak floorboards from the main castle dining room, and marble fireplaces from the bedrooms.