Klaus's Cottage

Located in the south-western corner of the courtyard is this two-story self-catering space.

Klaus's Cottage faces into the castle’s courtyard and can sleep up to ten guests across five bedrooms.

Features

  • Reception hall
  • Dining/living room with open fireplace
  • Fully-equipped kitchen
  • 1 queen bedroom (en-suite)
  • 2 double bedrooms (en-suite)
  • 1 double ground-floor bedroom (en-suite)
  • 1 twin bedroom (private bathroom)
  • Private garden
  • WC

In the 1920's the Gough family, who were the then owners of the estate, closed up the castle and converted several areas of the courtyard, including Klaus, into a large residence for themselves. They brought with them many original features from the castle, such as wooden panelling and oak floorboards from the main castle dining room, and marble fireplaces from the bedrooms.

;