Ackergill Tower Christmas Package
Ackergill Tower Christmas Package
This December, escape to this stunning 5-star 15th-century Scottish castle in the Highlands and experience the warming and traditional festivities you've always dreamed of. Leave the standard celebrations at home and experience something majestic at Ackergill Tower.
Overlooking the breath-taking North Sea and nestled within 3,000 spectacular acres, this glorious tower provides an unsurpassed festive experience that you and your family will treasure for a lifetime.
Explore the rugged coastline, try your hand at one of the castle's thrilling activities or indulge in a spectacular Christmas feast, before snuggling up around a roaring log fire; the team guarantees to make your Christmas amazing!
What it includes...
- Arrival at leisure - a traditional Ackergill welcome awaits as you are greeted with a dram of the local Old Pulteney Whisky, before being shown to your room where your luggage will await.
- Guided tour of the castle - a tour of the tower and its history hosted by very knowledgeable staff members.Evening - a relaxed first evening in Ackergill's very own pub, The Smugglers Inn, where a traditional fish and chip suppler awaits, accompanied perfectly by your favourite tipple.
- Late evening - head over to the beach for a special evening by the bonfire. Drams and mulled wine will be available as the tower's resident piper greets you with the traditional sound of the bagpipes before strolling back to The Smugglers Inn for live music and dancing.
- Enjoy a traditional Scottish breakfast accompanied by Bucks Fizz before heading to the lounges to exchange your Christmas gifts.
- Pre-lunch drinks and canapés will be served in the Drawing Room before being guided through to the Great Hall for a traditional 3-course Christmas Day lunch.
- After lunch, head down to the Old Smoking Room where the Queen's Speech will be aired.
- Afterwards, retreat to the Drawing Room for mince pies and the opportunity to test your wits at an array of board games, from Charades to Monopoly!
- Evening - Christmas Day is not complete without a traditional cold buffet of yet more turkey, cold meats and salads. Served in the Morning Room, guests can help themselves to as much or as little as they'd like before relaxing in one of the lounges (and possibly falling asleep in an armchair!).
- Bloody Mary brunch - enjoy a lie-in and a late breakfast of cold meats, smoked salmon and breakfast pastries accompanied by a Bloody Mary to kick-start the day.
- Afternoon tea - served in the Drawing Room where you can relax and unwind whilst taking in the historical surroundings of the tower.
- Afternoon treasure hunt - meet in reception for some fun for the whole family - use all of the knowledge you have gleaned from the past couple of days spent at Ackergill to compete in a friendly hunt for treasure!
- Evening - kilt dressing & Imperial dinner - a night for the gentleman to dress in kilts (kilts and assistance are both provided!) and the ladies in all their finery. Assemble for a Champagne and oyster reception in the Drawing Room before being piped into the Great Hall for Ackergill's renowned 5-course ˜Imperial Dinner" with the traditional Haggis address and drumming of the beef.
- Breakfast - a traditional Scottish cooked breakfast will be served.
- Check out by 11am - it's the saddest time for the castle's team as they say goodbye and 'haste ye back'!
What it costs...
Individual Bedroom Pricing
Based on 2 people sharing a double/twin room. Includes 3 nights' accommodation and all food & beverage above.
Self-Catering Cottage Pricing
- 5 Bedroom Stables Cottage - £2,450
- 5 Bedroom Beach House Cottage - £2,450
- 3 Bedroom Keepers Cottage - £1,495
- 2 Bedroom Sunshine / Seashore - £1,195
Includes 3 nights' accommodation only. Food & beverage from the main package can be added for £299.50 per person.