Borthwick Castle Christmas
Borthwick Castle Christmas
Borthwick Castle is one of the finest 15th-century keeps in Scotland. It offers tranquillity, opulence and the quintessential Scottish castle experience. It has been lovingly and superbly refurbished, retaining every bit of its Medieval grandeur and atmosphere, but now with the modern comforts of a sumptuous home from home.
There are 12 uniquely designed bedchambers with lavish bathrooms, magnificent yet intimate dining and lounge areas, roaring fires, breathtaking views and spiral staircases, inviting exploration and adventure.
Today the castle benefits from having had two major refurbishments, one in 1913 and the latest one in 2013, bringing it up to an exceptionally high standard. The works culminated with the castle winning one of the top interior design awards, the ‘Hotel Interior Design’ category of the Northern Design Awards.
Borthwick Castle sleeps 26 people in 12 bedrooms, all with en-suite bathrooms. There are 3 recreational rooms including the State Room.
What it includes...
- Traditional afternoon tea will be served within the Stateroom in front of the glowing fire, with delicate cakes and fancies, sandwiches and savoury treats.
- Join in with a History tour with a difference, taking in the festive goings-on of the past. For children, there will be a 'Wizard' treasure hunt around the castle with hidden - clues and exploring to be done.
- In the evening, your guests will be treated to a sumptuous Christmas Eve supper. Before the children retire to bed, stockings will be hung in the Stateroom with mince pies & carrots and a wee dram being left by the Great Hall fireplace for Father Christmas when he comes down the chimney!
- When Christmas morning arrives, you will be served a luxury Scottish breakfast before gathering around the Christmas tree to see what Father Christmas may have brought.
- As all the family enjoy a relaxed morning, festive delights will be available for you to enjoy before the traditional Christmas Day banquet is served.
- After Christmas lunch, you are welcome to unwind with some Eggnog or a liqueur of your choice, take a brisk winter stroll through the countryside or just take in all that is around you whilst you sit by the open fire relaxing in your home for the Christmas period.
- A relaxed supper will be served within the Stateroom for all to enjoy.
- In the morning, after a well earned lie-in, indulge in a sumptuous Boxing Day brunch before continuing with your festive celebrations.
What it costs...
The exclusive-hire package above is charged:
£26,000 3 nights
£38,000 5 nights
£52,500 7 nights
- The rates above include 12 bedchambers (sleeping up to 26 guests) for the following services:
- Turndown service and daily housekeeping;
- Unlimited still and sparkling water in all bedchambers;
- Tea selection and freshly brewed coffee for all residential guests:
- Delicious cooked-to-order full Scottish breakfast;
- Concierge and butler service;
- Full 24-hour staffing;
- Dedicated Event Manager to assist in planning an unforgettable stay.