Borthwick Castle New Year
Borthwick Castle New Year
Borthwick Castle is one of the finest 15th-century keeps in Scotland. It offers tranquillity, opulence and the quintessential Scottish castle experience. It has been lovingly and superbly refurbished, retaining every bit of its Medieval grandeur and atmosphere, but now with the modern comforts of a sumptuous home from home.
There are 12 uniquely designed bedchambers with lavish bathrooms, magnificent yet intimate dining and lounge areas, roaring fires, breathtaking views and spiral staircases, inviting exploration and adventure.
Today the castle benefits from having had two major refurbishments, one in 1913 and the latest one in 2013, bringing it up to an exceptionally high standard. The works culminated with the castle winning one of the top interior design awards, the ‘Hotel Interior Design’ category of the Northern Design Awards.
Borthwick Castle sleeps 26 people in 12 bedrooms, all with en-suite bathrooms. There are 3 recreational rooms including the State Room.
What it includes...
30th December 2019
- Luxury transfers from Edinburgh City, to bring you and your guests to Borthwick Castle, exclusively yours.
- On arrival you will be welcomed by your castle team; a glass of Champagne or a wee dram awaits.
- A light lunch or traditional afternoon tea will be served within the sumptuous State Room; relax and unwind in front of the blazing fire.
- Historian Kieran Rose will enthrall and delight by imparting the history and all that the castle has witnessed.
- Early evening will see drinks served within the State Room; sample from the bespoke cocktail menu, Cromwell’s Canonball, Mary Queen of Scotch, to name but a few. At your leisure, descend to the Great Hall where an exceptional evening of Scottish fayre will be on offer. Highland dress can be provided or specially created for the evening, for each member of the party.
- Dinner will be followed by a Whisky Tasting, held in the State Room; an insight into Scotland’s favourite tipple.
New Year Eve
- A leisurely brunch will be served followed by a guided winter stroll, or a trio of activities in the castle grounds.
- Delicious late afternoon nibbles will be arranged within the State Room.
- In the evening, celebrations will commence, with a Champagne drinks reception, before descending to the Great Hall for an exquisite 5-course tasting menu, accompanied by especially-paired wines from the cellar.
- An evening of dancing, waltzing and maybe even a Ceilidh will take place in the Great Hall, accompanied by an exceptional band. Then enjoy fire dancers and traditional Scottish clan music on the front lawn, followed by a spectacular firework display to bring in the start of 2020.
New Year’s Day
- In the morning, enjoy an indulgent New Year’s Day brunch, with Bloody Mary’s on hand!
- To dust off the cobwebs, a Scottish countryside tour by car, helicopter, or hot air balloon can be arranged.
- Return to relax by the fire, enjoy a Gin or cocktail masterclass.
- A sumptuous buffet or banquet will be served, with lavish roasts and seafood galore.
- Late night entertainment will be provided with your own casino. The Garrison will be transformed!
What it costs...
The exclusive-hire package above is charged at £55,000 and includes 12 bedchambers (sleeping 26 guests) and catering for 3 nights, arriving on 30 December 2019, to depart on 2 January 2020. Rates include VAT.