Glenapp Castle New Year 2023
Glenapp Castle New Year 2023
A Guid New Year tae Ane an Aa
(old Scots language to wish 'a good new year to everyone)!
Bring in the bells in style at Glenapp Castle's New Year House Party. This three-night stay offers you luxurious accommodation, pipers, ceilidhs, black ties and banquets, and lots of fun with an ice-curling competition plus much more!
What it Includes...
- Arrive in time for a Champagne afternoon tea, and enjoy listening to Glenapp's pianist playing the baby grand piano.
- Get settled in and relax by the roaring open fires, or enjoy exploring the Glenapp Estate, including the unique Italian Gardens inspired by Gertrude Jekyll.
- Come and meet your fellow house party guests over pre-dinner drinks and canapés in the drawing-room, accompanied by the twinkling sound of Glenapp's resident harpist.
- A 3-course gourmet dinner is served, with coffee and petits-fours in the lounge, and perhaps a speciality whisky nightcap before heading off to bed.
New Year's Eve
- Enjoy a traditional Scottish breakfast before you head off for a day of fun with the castle's New Year Curling Bonspiel in Stranraer.
- Afternoon tea is served before heading back to the castle.
- The black-tie party begins with a Champagne cocktail in the drawing room, accompanied by bagpiper Liam Rogers, who will pipe all guests into the 6-course Hogmanay banquet dinner.
- Afterwards, kick off your heels and enjoy a traditional Scottish ceilidh and dance the night away.
- A glass of Champagne at midnight, along with the piper, will bring in 'the bells' Glenapp-style. Join friends and family with Auld Lang Syne and dance through to the wee small hours.
1 January 2024
- Happy New Year!
- Enjoy a traditional Scottish breakfast and then experience the thrill of handling, and flying, birds of prey with Glenapp's very special falconry display on the south lawn.
- A light lunch will be served in the castle, and afterwards, perhaps explore more of the 36 acres of gardens and grounds by foot, or jump on one of the bikes and cycle through the estate. This is coastal Scotland at its best.
- A 6-course gourmet dinner is served, followed by a prize-giving for the winners of the curling competition and quizzes. Who will be crowned Glenapp King or Queen of the Curling Bonspiel this year?
2 January 2024
Enjoy a well-deserved breakfast before a leisurely departure, ready and refreshed for what 2024 will bring.
What it Costs...
Garden View Suite: £5,370
Grand Garden View Suite: £6,150
Grand Sea View Suite: £6,465
Junior Suite: £6,870
Master Suite: £8,295
*Castle Apartment (sleeps up to 8 people): £29,985
The above prices are for two adults, for the full three-night package.
*Rate for Castle Apartment is for 8 guests.
Extend your New Year getaway...and dinner will be on the castle! Stay for an extra night or two, prior to or after the New Year package, and the usual bed and breakfast rates apply along with a complimentary 3-course gourmet dinner!