For over 700 years, Ashford Castle has perfected its offering of fine Irish hospitality and countryside amusements from within its 350 acre estate on the shores of Lough Corrib.
Dating back to 1228, with 83 spectacular rooms, suites and the Hideaway Cottage, a wealth of activities and plenty of thoughtful touches, Ashford Castle offers guests acclaimed Irish hospitality on a grand scale.
At a glance:
- 5 star historic castle hotel
- 83 luxurious rooms and suites
- Travel & Leisure 'World's Best Awards 2016'
- Home to Ireland's first 'School of Falconry'
- State of the art spa on-site
- Set amongst 350 acres of ancient woodland
- Fine dining Irish cuisine
Enjoy award-winning gourmet food in the George V Restaurant, Traditional Lord and Lady Ardilaun's Afternoon Tea, a light snack in the Drawing Room, a casual dining experience in Cullen's at the Cottage or The Dungeon or pre-dinner drinks in the Prince of Wales Cocktail Bar.
While vacationing on the estate, the choice of activities will fill many a happy day. Take on the challenge of the castle's nine hole private golf course, visit the Ashford Equestrian Centre or fish on the great lake and rivers that pass through the estate.